Does Economic Growth Help the Middle Class and the Poor?
Is growth good for everyone or just the top 1%? Does growth reduce poverty? How is the middle class really doing over the last 40 years?
Come and see Hoover fellow Russ Roberts give a behind the scenes look at the first two episodes of his animated video series, The Numbers Game, looking at the challenges of interpreting the data on the middle class, poverty, and the effectiveness of the economy. Russ will give a director's cut commentary on episodes I and II of the series and a sneak preview of the concepts behind episode three.
The lecture will be preceded by a free pizza dinner and followed by a dessert & conversation reception.
- 5:45 pm - 6:30 pm - Pizza and drinks in the Pavilion
- 6:30 pm - 7:30 pm - Lecture and Q&A session in Hauck Auditorium
- 7:30 pm - 8:30 pm - Dessert in the Pavilion
- WHEN: Tuesday, February 6, 2018 5:45 pm – 8:00 pm
- WHERE: Hauck Auditorium, Hoover Institution David and Joan Traitel Building Map
Click here to register.
For any questions related to the event, please contact janet.smith [at] stanford.edu.