Office Hours: Lee Ohanian Answers Your Questions on American and European Labor Markets
Lee Ohanian on American and European Labor Markets
Hoover Institution senior fellow Lee Ohanian answers frequently asked questions from his video "Laboring in Vain: How Regulation Affects Unemployment."
- 0:20 - How are American labor markets different from European labor markets?
- 7:00 - What is structural unemployment and why are European unemployment rates consistently higher than those in the United States?
- 9:48 - How can American labor markets be improved?
- 11:53 - Doesn't more labor market regulation lead to more stability in the long run?
- 14:11 - Doesn't more regulation lead to less inequality and a fairer distribution of wealth?