Parrying Putin's Playbook
Published: December 10, 2020
For two decades, various American leaders have tried to counter Russia’s aggressive foreign policy through a conciliatory approach. But strategic narcissism blinded those who hoped for warm relations with Russia because they underestimated the power of ideology, emotion, and aspiration that drove Vladimir Putin’s strategy toward the United States and Europe.
- What attempts has Russia made to sow distrust in American democracy?
- How can we work to promote truth and restore confidence in democratic institutions, principles, and processes?
- Read “Battlegrounds: The Fight to Defend the Free World,” by H. R. McMaster. Available here.
- Watch “Battlegrounds: International Perspectives on Crucial Challenges to Security and Prosperity,” a video series with H. R. McMaster. Available here.
- Listen to “Defending the Free World,” an episode of the GoodFellows podcast with H. R. McMaster. Available here.