Why 2022 Ukraine Is Different from 2014 Ukraine
Published March 2, 2023
Condoleezza Rice explains how the 2014 invasion of Crimea by Russia led to improvements in Ukraine’s defenses that ultimately paid dividends in the 2022 invasion. Russia’s invasion also pushed Europe to begin challenging Russia instead of letting Putin get away with his acts of aggression.
- Is there a realistic peaceful resolution to the war in Ukraine?
- Will the international order be able to prevent a war or cold war with China while keeping Taiwan’s sovereignty?
- Read “Time Is Not on Ukraine’s Side,” by Condoleezza Rice and Robert M. Gates via the Washington Post. Available here.
- Watch “America’s New Great-Power Competition with China,” with Elizabeth Economy on PolicyEd. Available here.
- Watch “Embracing Strategic Empathy,” with H. R. McMaster on PolicyEd. Available here.