The Challenge of Inequality
Published January 21, 2021
Whether rising income inequality is good or bad depends on why it's rising. We should worry more about whether people have a chance to get ahead and worry less that some get ahead faster than others. In particular, we should help Americans at the bottom get the opportunity to flourish.
- Watch Episode 1 in this series, How Is The Middle Class Doing?
- Watch Episode 2 in this series, The Paradox of Household Income.
- Watch Episode 3 in this series, Do The Rich Get All The Gains?
- Watch Episode 4 in this series, Let's Party Like It's 1973!
- What are the realities versus the myths of poverty?
- How can we understand the root causes of poverty?
- Read “Do the Rich Get All the Gains from Economic Growth?” by Russ Roberts. Available here.
- Russ Roberts hosts EconTalk with guest Richard Burkhauser of Cornell University and talks about the state of the middle class, available here.
- Read “What Do Economists Actually Know?” by Russ Roberts, available here.