Chapter Two: The Debate between Karl Marx and John Locke on Natural Rights
Published February 25, 2021
Karl Marx and John Locke disagreed about property rights. While Locke saw property rights as a fundamental part of individual freedom, Marx argued for eliminating private property. According to Marx, private property was a source of division and a significant obstacle to attaining individual freedom.
- What comes to mind when you hear the word “socialism”?
- Is capitalism the best economic system for the world?
- What are the differences between socialism and capitalism?
- To learn more about socialism and free-market capitalism, click here.
- Read “Capitalism, Socialism, and Freedom,” by Peter Berkowitz. Available here.
- Watch “Socialism and Free-Market Capitalism,” by Peter Berkowitz. Available here.
- Listen as Peter Berkowitz discusses liberty, self-government, and political moderation. Available here.