Chapter Three: The Critique of Centralized Economic Planning
Published February 25, 2021
Peter Berkowitz discusses Friedrich von Hayek’s book The Road to Serfdom, as well as his economic and political analyses of the free market. Hayek favored planning that enables competition and argued that central planners can never distribute resources in an effective manner.
- What comes to mind when you hear the word “socialism”?
- Is capitalism the best economic system for the world?
- What are the differences between socialism and capitalism?
- To learn more about socialism and free-market capitalism, click here.
- Read “Capitalism, Socialism, and Freedom,” by Peter Berkowitz. Available here.
- Watch “Socialism and Free-Market Capitalism,” by Peter Berkowitz. Available here.
- Listen as Peter Berkowitz discusses liberty, self-government, and political moderation. Available here.