How To Think About Energy Security
- The United States is in a position of energy strength for the first time in decades.
- By achieving energy independence, the United States is no longer responding to energy crisis after energy crisis.
- Energy independence is not enough, however. The United States should strive for energy security and create a robust system for generating and distributing energy.
- Energy security means that energy is available, reliable, resilient, and affordable.
- The United States has a rare window of opportunity to develop a long-term energy security strategy that would make America and the world a better, safer, and more environmentally-friendly place.