Changing the Narrative between America and China
Published January 18, 2022
China depicts itself as a land of peace and prosperity, but the narrative it tells is far from the truth. Under President Xi Jinping, China has intimidated, bullied, and threatened many countries, all while continuing to commit human rights atrocities. The United States can help uncover the true narrative by calling out these issues wherever they occur and by fostering free speech both within and about China.
- What lies has China told about its actions both at home and abroad?
- Why is it important to shine a light on the truth of China’s actions?
- Read “The China Challenge: America as a Rising Power,” by Zachary Shore via Discourse. Available here.
- Read “The China Challenge: Beijing Is Pursuing the Wrong Strategy in Its Bid to Win Allies,” by Zachary Shore via Discourse. Available here.
- Watch “Managing the China Challenge,” with Larry Diamond, on PolicyEd. Available here.