Global Hot Spot in North Korea
Policy makers dealing with global hot spots must keep in mind three questions: Who can help? What tools are available? What is the end goal? America’s aim to denuclearize North Korea has proven difficult. Other countries remain hesitant to offer much assistance in these efforts. Rather than threaten war, the United States has been attempting to identify a series of incentives to convince North Korea to change its course.
Interested in attending the Hoover Institution Summer Policy Boot Camp? Click here for more information.
Video Recorded: August 19, 2019.
- Why is it important for the United States to have allies in maintaining the liberal international order?
- How has our understanding of national and international security changed since the end of World War II?
- Watch “Condoleezza Rice on What Unifies Us As Americans” on PolicyEd, available here.
- Watch “US Democracy and Foreign Policy since 1919” with Condoleezza Rice, Stephen Krasner, and Niall Ferguson on PolicyEd, available here.
- Watch “Condoleezza Rice: COVID 19 and National Security,” via Hoover Institution Virtual Policy Briefings, available here.