Chapter Three: Global Hot Spots in Venezuela and China
Published May 5, 2020
In both Venezuela and China, we can find examples of the unique challenges different global hot spots bring. Although sanctions on Venezuela were backed by a strong international alliance, Cuban influence has led to a stalemate. China’s rise has challenged the international system from within it, making it difficult to identify tools and allies that will help rein in its power.
Interested in attending the Hoover Institution Summer Policy Boot Camp? Click here for more information.
Video Recorded: August 19, 2019.
- Why is it important for the United States to have allies in maintaining the liberal international order?
- How has our understanding of national and international security changed since the end of World War II?
- Watch “Condoleezza Rice on What Unifies Us As Americans” on PolicyEd, available here.
- Watch “US Democracy and Foreign Policy since 1919” with Condoleezza Rice, Stephen Krasner, and Niall Ferguson on PolicyEd, available here.
- Watch “Condoleezza Rice: COVID 19 and National Security,” via Hoover Institution Virtual Policy Briefings, available here.