Chapter Four: Further Explanations
Published May 5, 2020
Condoleezza Rice answers questions about global hot spots. How do we partner with troublesome, potentially undemocratic, countries to fix their internal issues? Would it be best to adapt the current international system to fit current security needs or to start anew? Is the democratic peace an outcome of democracies themselves or a US-led democratic order? To what extent should private technology organizations be involved in maintaining the world order?
Interested in attending the Hoover Institution Summer Policy Boot Camp? Click here for more information.
Video Recorded: August 19, 2019.
- Why is it important for the United States to have allies in maintaining the liberal international order?
- How has our understanding of national and international security changed since the end of World War II?
- Watch “Condoleezza Rice on What Unifies Us As Americans” on PolicyEd, available here.
- Watch “US Democracy and Foreign Policy since 1919” with Condoleezza Rice, Stephen Krasner, and Niall Ferguson on PolicyEd, available here.
- Watch “Condoleezza Rice: COVID 19 and National Security,” via Hoover Institution Virtual Policy Briefings, available here.