National Security and the International System
Published February 10, 2022
Condoleezza Rice explains the origins and functions of the international system. Since the September 11 terrorist attacks, the international system has faced significant challenges. From globalization’s decreasing popularity to shifting security frameworks, these challenges have required the United States to re-evaluate its national security efforts.
Interested in attending the Hoover Institution Summer Policy Boot Camp? Click here for more information.
- Why is it important for the United States to have allies in maintaining the liberal international order?
- How has American national security changed since the attacks on September 11, 2001?
- Watch “Global Hot Spots with Condoleezza Rice” on PolicyEd. Available here.
- Watch “Condoleezza Rice on What Unifies Us as Americans” on PolicyEd. Available here.
- Watch “One Hundred years of Democracy and Foreign Policy,” with Condoleezza Rice, Stephen Krasner, and Niall Ferguson, on PolicyEd. Available here.