Global Hotspot: Afghanistan
Published February 10, 2022
Condoleezza Rice elaborates on America’s involvement in Afghanistan and evaluates how our departure eroded our credibility in the international community. Leaving Afghanistan created additional problems for our responses to other global hotspots and will require us to rebuild our credibility.
Interested in attending the Hoover Institution Summer Policy Boot Camp? Click here for more information.
- Why is it important for the United States to have allies in maintaining the liberal international order?
- How has American national security changed since the attacks on September 11, 2001?
- Watch “Global Hot Spots with Condoleezza Rice” on PolicyEd. Available here.
- Watch “Condoleezza Rice on What Unifies Us as Americans” on PolicyEd. Available here.
- Watch “One Hundred years of Democracy and Foreign Policy,” with Condoleezza Rice, Stephen Krasner, and Niall Ferguson, on PolicyEd. Available here.