Chapter One: Intellectual Property Rights and Scientific Thinking
Published: November 30th, 2020
Intellectual property rights are fundamental to modern economic growth. However, policy makers and the courts have weakened intellectual property rights in the recent past. While there are many theories about how to promote prosperity, we should use scientific thinking when considering different claims and supporting evidence.
Interested in attending the Hoover Institution Summer Policy Boot Camp? Click here for more information.
- What kind of inventions can be protected under the patent system?
- How does intellectual property affect the economy?
- Read “Patents and the Wealth of Nations,” by Stephen Haber. Available here..
- Read “The Myth of the Wicked Patent Troll,” by Stephen Haber and Ross Levine. Available here.
- Read “Patent Trolls as Financial Intermediaries? Experimental Evidence,” by Stephen Haber and Seth H. Werfel. Available here.
- Read “Property Rights: A Practical Guide to Freedom and Prosperity,” by Terry Anderson and Laura E. Huggins. Available here.