Q&A: Restoring Public Trust and the Difficulty in Comparing Countries
Published June 21, 2022
Atlas answers questions from students at the Hoover Summer Policy Boot Camp. How can trust in experts be restored? How difficult is it to compare data across countries? What will be the effects from “long COVID?”
- Is forced compliance ever justifiable during a pandemic?
- What would it take for medical experts to regain the trust of the public?
- Read Scott Atlas’s book A Plague upon Our House: My Fight at the Trump White House to Stop COVID from Destroying America. Available here.
- Read “During COVID, the More Prestigious the College, the Lower the Quality of Education,” by Paul Peterson, John Schoof, and Jay Greene via The Hill. Available here.
- Watch “An Endless Summer: How COVID Has Reversed Academic Achievement,” with Macke Raymond on PolicyEd. Available here.