Introduction: Economic Growth and Immigration
Published September 19, 2019
While the economy is growing, there are clear challenges ahead from an ever-growing federal budget. There is also a potential fallout from tariffs and their effect on trade and investment. One way to boost the economy is through sensible immigration policy, although navigating that issue has been difficult in recent times.
Video Recorded: August 20, 2018
- What are the effects of immigration on the United States economy?
- What is the current U.S. deficit and debt? How are they different?
- Read “How Trump Can Hit 3% Growth – Maybe” by Edward Lazear. Available here.
- Read “The Surprising Factor for Immigrant Success” by Edward Lazear. Available here.
- Read “Bad and Good Inequality” by Gary Becker. Available here.
- Read “A New Immigration Game Plan for the New Congress,” by Edward Lazear in the Wall Street Journal, available here.
- Read “Send Us Your Young, Your Educated” by Edward Lazear in the Wall Street Journal, available here.
- In “Examining America’s Exceptional Economy,” Edward Lazear explores what has made America's economy successful, what sets it apart from other nations, and what needs to be done to sustain its prominence in the global economy. Available here.