Chapter Four: Answering Questions w/ Edward P. Lazear
Published September 19, 2019
Edward Lazear answers frequently asked questions about the United States economy and immigration. What are optimal tax rates? How can we help displaced workers when automation is increasing? How could we improve the current immigration system? Is the current path of welfare and entitlement programs sustainable?
Video Recorded: August 20, 2018
- What are the effects of immigration on the United States economy?
- What is the current U.S. deficit and debt? How are they different?
- Read “How Trump Can Hit 3% Growth – Maybe” by Edward Lazear. Available here.
- Read “The Surprising Factor for Immigrant Success” by Edward Lazear. Available here.
- Read “Bad and Good Inequality” by Gary Becker. Available here.
- Read “A New Immigration Game Plan for the New Congress,” by Edward Lazear in the Wall Street Journal, available here.
- Read “Send Us Your Young, Your Educated” by Edward Lazear in the Wall Street Journal, available here.
- In “Examining America’s Exceptional Economy,” Edward Lazear explores what has made America's economy successful, what sets it apart from other nations, and what needs to be done to sustain its prominence in the global economy. Available here.