Chapter Two: The Impact of Nationalism in America
Is American nationalism normal and healthy? Or will it lead to the breakdown and failure of the country? Although many equate US nationalism with fascism, currents in today’s political reality more closely resemble populism. A sudden increase in immigration and economic inequality, perceived corruption, a financial crisis, and a political agitator—the key elements for a populist revival—all played important roles in the establishment of the Trump presidency.
Interested in attending the Hoover Institution Summer Policy Boot Camp? Click here for more information.
Video Recorded August 22, 2019
- What role has technology played in the development of nationalism in America and throughout the world?
- How might the populist revival in America influence the future of American politics?
- Listen to “Niall Ferguson Talks About The Square and the Tower: Network, Hierarchies, and the Struggle for Global Power from the Freemasons to Facebook,” available here.
- Watch Niall Ferguson’s interview at the 2019 New Enlightenment Conference in Edinburgh, available here.
- Listen to “De-Globalization and the Cold War” with Niall Ferguson on The John Batchelor Show, available here.