Chapter Four: Further Explanations
Niall Ferguson answers questions about globalism and nationalism. To what extent are social media platforms neutral actors? How do the Trump administration’s interactions with Russia affect American foreign policy? Are there overlaps between populist and fascist ideologies? Does democracy always lead to populism?
Interested in attending the Hoover Institution Summer Policy Boot Camp? Click here for more information.
Video Recorded August 22, 2019
- What role has technology played in the development of nationalism in America and throughout the world?
- How might the populist revival in America influence the future of American politics?
- Listen to “Niall Ferguson Talks About The Square and the Tower: Network, Hierarchies, and the Struggle for Global Power from the Freemasons to Facebook,” available here.
- Watch Niall Ferguson’s interview at the 2019 New Enlightenment Conference in Edinburgh, available here.
- Listen to “De-Globalization and the Cold War” with Niall Ferguson on The John Batchelor Show, available here.