Chapter One: The History of Globalism
Published July 9, 2020
When approaching the debate surrounding globalism and nationalism, it is essential to note the influences of our founding ideas, the role of technology, and the relative importance of nation-states. Different scholars have viewed the post–Cold War world as either a triumph of Western civilization or an inevitable return to nationalism. With the rapid influx of new technology, the effects of globalization are becoming more apparent.
Interested in attending the Hoover Institution Summer Policy Boot Camp? Click here for more information.
Video Recorded August 22, 2019
- What role has technology played in the development of nationalism in America and throughout the world?
- How might the populist revival in America influence the future of American politics?
- Listen to “Niall Ferguson Talks About The Square and the Tower: Network, Hierarchies, and the Struggle for Global Power from the Freemasons to Facebook,” available here.
- Watch Niall Ferguson’s interview at the 2019 New Enlightenment Conference in Edinburgh, available here.
- Listen to “De-Globalization and the Cold War” with Niall Ferguson on The John Batchelor Show, available here.