Published August 01, 2019
The United States has achieved energy independence for the first time in decades, which allows us to ability to step back and shape our future national energy policy. Nuclear energy is one form of energy that has significant advantages, including zero-emissions and grid stability. Renewable energy is also low-carbon, but has drawbacks that nuclear power can compensate for. Because every energy source brings its advantage and challenges, it is essential to move forward with a mix of energy sources.
- What are the advantages of nuclear power?
- Do you think that nuclear power plants are inherently unstable?
- Could nuclear energy help the third world to develop carbon-free economies?
- Watch "Redefining Energy Security" by Admiral James O. Ellis Jr., available here.
- Read James O. Ellis Jr.’s chapter “Redefining Energy Security” in Blueprint for America available here.
- You can find the rest of “Blueprint for America” here.
- Read the “The Benefits Of Nuclear Power” by Admiral James O. Ellis Jr. , George P. Shultz, available here.
- Admiral James O. Ellis discusses nuclear energy at Stanford University in “Reinventing Nuclear Energy.” Available here.