Introduction: Setting the Record Straight on America's Health Care
Published: January 16, 2020
Health care is an important to everyone, but it is often misunderstood. The health care system in the United States is the best in the world when it comes to quality and access to medical care. Cost remains an issue, however, and effective reform would lower prices without impairing access, quality, or innovation.
Interested in attending the Hoover Institution Summer Policy Boot Camp, click here for more information.
Video Recorded: August 22, 2019
- What are some misguided beliefs about the American health care system?
- What are the trade-offs to single payer health care systems?
- Watch the Joint Economic Committee meeting with Scott Atlas, ““The Potential for Health Savings Accounts to Engage Patients and Bend the Health Care Cost Curve.” Available here.
- For much more detail on Scott Atlas’ health care plan, read his book Restoring Quality Health Care: A Six-Point Plan for Comprehensive Reform at Lower Cost, available here.
- Read Scott Atlas’ chapter “Transformational Health Care Reform” in Blueprint for America here.