Chapter Four: Further Explanations
Published: January 16, 2020
Scott Atlas answers frequently asked questions about health care and health insurance. If the United States has the best health care in the world, why does it need to be reformed? Are doctors overpaid? What is the best way to encourage price transparency? How will the federal government raise the funds necessary for costly health care entitlement programs?
Interested in attending the Hoover Institution Summer Policy Boot Camp, click here for more information.
Video Recorded: August 22, 2019
- What are some misguided beliefs about the American health care system?
- What are the trade-offs to single payer health care systems?
- Watch the Joint Economic Committee meeting with Scott Atlas, ““The Potential for Health Savings Accounts to Engage Patients and Bend the Health Care Cost Curve.” Available here.
- For much more detail on Scott Atlas’ health care plan, read his book Restoring Quality Health Care: A Six-Point Plan for Comprehensive Reform at Lower Cost, available here.
- Read Scott Atlas’ chapter “Transformational Health Care Reform” in Blueprint for America here.