Chapter One: Understanding Health Care in the US
Published: January 16, 2020
Health care in the United States is among the best in the world when it comes to access and quality of care. Many cross-country comparisons use qualitative instead of quantitative comparisons, leading to misleading. The truth is that the United States health care system has some of the highest survival rates from life-threatening diseases, and the vast majority of innovation in health care comes out of the United States.
Interested in attending the Hoover Institution Summer Policy Boot Camp, click here for more information.
Video Recorded: August 22, 2019
- What are some misguided beliefs about the American health care system?
- What are the trade-offs to single payer health care systems?
- Watch the Joint Economic Committee meeting with Scott Atlas, ““The Potential for Health Savings Accounts to Engage Patients and Bend the Health Care Cost Curve.” Available here.
- For much more detail on Scott Atlas’ health care plan, read his book Restoring Quality Health Care: A Six-Point Plan for Comprehensive Reform at Lower Cost, available here.
- Read Scott Atlas’ chapter “Transformational Health Care Reform” in Blueprint for America here.