College Opportunities for Low- Income, High-Achieving Students
Published January 6, 2022
Many high-achieving, low-income students do not apply to competitive colleges and universities. These students likely don't apply because of a lack of information about the costs of attending these institutions. Figuring out how to help these students apply to better universities could greatly improve their college outcomes.
- What challenges do low-income, high-achieving students face when applying to college?
- What resources might be useful to low-income, high-achieving students applying to college?
- Read “What High-Achieving Low-Income Students Know About College,” by Caroline Hoxby and Sarah Turner. Available here.
- Read “Expanding College Opportunities for High-Achieving Low-Income Students,” by Caroline Hoxby and Sarah Turner Available here.
- Read “The Right way to Capture College ‘Opportunity’” by Caroline Hoxby and Sarah Turner via Education Next. Available here.