Further Explanations – Free College and Eliminating Standardized Tests
Published January 6, 2022
Caroline Hoxby answers questions about expanding college-going opportunities. How would eliminating SAT and ACT requirements affect low income students’ college opportunities? Is free college a viable solution to expand opportunity? Can the results seen in the US be seen in any other countries?
- What challenges do low-income, high-achieving students face when applying to college?
- What resources might be useful to low-income, high-achieving students applying to college?
- Read “What High-Achieving Low-Income Students Know About College,” by Caroline Hoxby and Sarah Turner. Available here.
- Read “Expanding College Opportunities for High-Achieving Low-Income Students,” by Caroline Hoxby and Sarah Turner Available here.
- Read “The Right way to Capture College ‘Opportunity’” by Caroline Hoxby and Sarah Turner via Education Next. Available here.