The Investment Returns of a College Degree
Published January 6, 2022
Caroline Hoxby explains the data behind the investment returns of a college degree. She reviews important data concepts such as “value-added” and “social investment.” An evaluation of the data show that for students going to somewhat selective colleges, investments in college education are productive.
- What challenges do low-income, high-achieving students face when applying to college?
- What resources might be useful to low-income, high-achieving students applying to college?
- Read “What High-Achieving Low-Income Students Know About College,” by Caroline Hoxby and Sarah Turner. Available here.
- Read “Expanding College Opportunities for High-Achieving Low-Income Students,” by Caroline Hoxby and Sarah Turner Available here.
- Read “The Right way to Capture College ‘Opportunity’” by Caroline Hoxby and Sarah Turner via Education Next. Available here.