Expanding College Opportunities for All Students
Published January 6, 2022
Caroline Hoxby explains how she and her team created a customized informational intervention to help low-income, high-achieving students learn more about the true costs of attending selective institutions. They tested this intervention using a randomized control trial. The intervention caused big increases in college applications, college admissions, and graduation rates for the treated students.
- What challenges do low-income, high-achieving students face when applying to college?
- What resources might be useful to low-income, high-achieving students applying to college?
- Read “What High-Achieving Low-Income Students Know About College,” by Caroline Hoxby and Sarah Turner. Available here.
- Read “Expanding College Opportunities for High-Achieving Low-Income Students,” by Caroline Hoxby and Sarah Turner Available here.
- Read “The Right way to Capture College ‘Opportunity’” by Caroline Hoxby and Sarah Turner via Education Next. Available here.